The whole world is preparing for Y2K issue on the date structuring to convert the two-year field to four-year field. We have only four months to go. But there seems to be a problem immediately after year 2000. This is regarding the number of days/ date/ day. First we will understand the type of years in the world at different time.
Most people in the Western World use the Gregorian Calendar, worked out in the 1580’s by Pope Gregory XIII. It has 12 months, 11 of them with 30 or 31 days. The other month, February, normally has 28 days. Every fourth year, called leap year, it has 29 days. But even this calendar is not quite exact enough. In century years that cannot be divided by 400, such as 1100, 1300, 1700,1800, 1900 etc. the extra day in February must be dropped. The century year 1600 was a leap year, and the year 2000 will be one.
In 1972 the leap second was introduced into calendar keeping. In 1958 the second was given a new atomic definition. However, this new definition produced a different number of total seconds in a year from year to year, due to irregularities in the earth’s rotation rate.
Our calendar is supposed to be based on the year Jesus Christ was born.
- Church Calendar is regulated partly by sun and partly by the moon.
- The Hebrew Calendar, started with Creation, at a moment 3760 years and 3 months before the beginning of the Christian era. ( as per tradition). During the winter of 2000-2001 the Hebrew year is 5761.
- The Islamic calendar begins with Mohammed’s flight from Mecca to Medina. This year has 354 days. This is based on the moon and has 12 months, alternatively 30 and 29 days long.
- Chinese Calendar begins in 2637 BC the year in which the legendary Emperor Huangdi supposedly invented it. This is also based on the moon and consists of 12 months which begins at new moon and has 29 or 30 days. An extra month is added to a year seven times during a 19-year period so that the calendar and the seasons stay roughly in step.
- The Babylonians, invented a primitive procedures and has 29 to 30 days every month has 354 days. Extra months would be adjusted 3 times in a cycle of 8 years. This is quite confused.
- The Egyptians were probably the first to adopt a mainly solar calendar, which is Dog star, Sirius, reappeared in the eastern sky just before sun rise. They recognised 365 days a year made up of 12 months. According Egyptologist J H Breasted, the earliest date known in the Egyptian calendar corresponds to 4236 BC in terms of present system.
- The Roman borrowed their first calendar system from Greek and had 304 days with 10 months and left 60 days due to winter. Later they added January and February and made 355 days a year.
- Julian calendar corrected the accumulated error in the Roman Calendar under the advice of astronomer Sosigenes in 46 B C. He divided year into 12 months of 31 and 30 days alternatively except for February which had 29 days. Every fourth year it has 30 days. He has moved the calendar from March to January. This year 46 B C the roman called as the year of confusion. But this Julian calendar year was widely used for 1500 years and consists of 365 ¼ years which is approximately longer by 11 minutes and 14 seconds.
- The Gregorian calendar was designed to correct the errors of Julian calendar. In 1582 on the advise of astronomers Pope Gregory XIII corrected the difference between sun and calendar by ordering 10 days dropped from October, the month with fewest Roman Catholic holy days. The day that would have been Oct 5, 1582 becomes October 15. This procedure restored the next equinox to its proper date. In Gregorian calendar year the difference between the calendar and solar years is only about 26 seconds. This will increase by 0.53 second every hundred years, because the solar year is gradually growing shorter.
- The Roman Catholic nations of Europe adopted the Gregorian calendar almost immediately. Various German states kept the Julian calendar until 1700. Great Britain and the American Colonies changed to the Gregorian calendar in 1752. Russia did not adopt it until 1918 and Turkey changed to it in 1927.
To rotate itself, Earth takes 23 Hours 56 Minutes and 4.09 Seconds ( called a day) and it travels 958 million km around the Sun in 365 days 5 Hours 48 Minutes and 5.51 Seconds (called year) at the average speed of 107,200 km per hour
|Hence for Leap year|
( every 4 years )146023152.04
So, if this were to be considered, then February would be 30 days which is excess by 6 hours and 56 minutes and 3.25 seconds. But the calendar year 2000 February has only 29 days.
|But when year 2001 comes, it has additional||365||5||48||45.51|
It has left out days considering 365 days
|A year ( without leap year)||22||52||42.26|
Hence the year 2001 has to be considered as a leap year by breaking the rule
a)divisible by 4 would be a leap year
b)divisible by 400 would be leap year.
The year 2001 February should have 29 days and it could be Thursday and not March 1, 2001. Or consider year 2000 February 30 ( Wednesday) but not March 1, 2000.
Eventhough, Y2K compliance is present in most of the leading software’s and ERP, this problem is not yet fixed and even dates are not present now.
The whole logic in the above exercise is, if there is any unabsorbed hours/minutes/seconds by leap years has to be considered by subsequent years to come. By this rule from 2000 onwards, the above rule ( divisible by 4 or 400) cannot be applied.
I would say, even year 2004 cannot be considered as leap year because,
|Upto year 2004||731946||16||18||58.39|
Say 731946 days ( upto year 2000 – 730485 days considering 2000 as leap year and 2001 also as leap year considering 366 days and balance days for years 2002,2003 and 2004 would be 1095 (365 x 3)) and may be 2005 could be considered as leap year.
In Panchankas ( Almanac) The Hindu System in India:
But, this kind of issue is not present in Hindu almanac system (called Panchanka) in both sun based system ( Souramanam) and Lunar based ( Chandramanam). Sun based system has 12 months which ranges from 28 days to 32 days. Lunar based system ( Chandramanam) has 27 days and 8 hours based on star movement. ( appx 29.53 solar days). Any extra days are automatically considered and rectified immediately as Mala Masam ( extra day in Sun based) and Adhika Masam ( Lunar based).
Normally these extra days would occur once in 32 months 16 days 1 hour and 36 minutes. Even recently, the Vaikasi Month ( May-June 1999) considered as Malamasam in solar system and Adhika Jysta in Lunar System. Basically, Indian almanac would not consider any base year unlike Christian Calender ( BC/AD) and hence no problem.
More interestingly in South India (in Tamil Nadu), they consider a new year only when Sun enters into Aries. This would probably during April 13th to 15th and the Ascendant ( Lagna) would not be same for every year. That means, full travel time of earth around the sun has been taken into consideration while fixing the time ( Ascendant) for a new year. Hence, there would not be any error in the system.
Since we are following calendar year (AD/BC) taking base as zero, we have come to year 1999-2000. Even when we have restructured the dates earlier, that would be to align the dates/days till the year of alignment for earlier errors. But, now the above calculations are from the base year say zero, now new dates/days to be incorporated, which is inevitable.
Analysis of time:
When we analyse the year which has excess time ( days, hrs, mts & sec), the years so far has unique pattern. More precisely, when non divisible year of 400 comes like 700, 900, 1000, 1100 etc, the accrual of time is more. In some years the excess time would be more than 2 days, which has not been rectified in the calendar so far. This excess time had been adjusted by its own in coming years.
But I am of the opinion, this excess time has to be adjusted in one time or other. Why not in 2000 or 2001? Other wise we will again has these excess time pattern in future.
The peak years without correction was:
Sub zero ( shortage in time) Negative time available:
We could see a pattern from the above data. If the century(’00) is not a leap year ( say 100, 1100, 1300, 1500 etc,) the accumulation of seven years would be contribution to the immediately succeeding leap year. Hence, the year immediately prior to that leap year would have more excess time.
On the contrary, the last leap year of any century would have least excess contribution, in most cases, it would absorb more than what was available, hence negative.
Now, we have time to correct our calendar along with year 2000 issue, so that excess of time available can be minimised. Either we should have 30 days in year 2000 or 29 days in year 2001.
From year 2000 onwards:
- Rule of leap years would change. ( divisible by 4 & 400)
- Consecutive leap years of 2000 and 2001.
- Days & dates for February 2001 to be incorporated.
- Or other adjustment to be made in year 2000 itself by creating extra day in February as 30th.
If we omit this dates/days now to suit our present system, then error would be compounded in future, which is not compatible with the nature/astronomy.
The Future of Kanchi Sankaracharya
We all know that His Holiness Sri Kanchi Swamiji was arrested on 11th November 2004 near Hyderabad (Mehabub Nagar) and put in Vellur Jail on 12th. The Star at that time was Swati (belongs to Raahu)
Analysis of Birth Chart:
H.H was born on 18th July 1935 at Irulneeki (near Tanjavore) in Tamil Nadu. His birth star is Avittam (Danishta), Kumbha Raasi (Aquarius). The Birth Chart indicates, Guru Chandra Yoga, due to the aspect of Guru and Moon. The Saturn (Sani) is in own sign, Saturn and Venus (Sukra) have 180 degree aspect (Samasaptama), which indicate connection between Lord of Lagna and the Lord of 9th. Venus being the Yoga-Karaka, receives the energy of Lord of Lagna. Further, 5th place (Poorva Punya) also receives energy from Guru (Jupiter), since Guru is in 9th place.
Moon Sani Lagna
18th July 1935
Presently, H.H is running Budha Dasa, Saturn Bhukti from December 2002 until August 2005, which is the last Bhukti of Budha. Further division of dasa bhukti indicates, (i) Budha Dasa, Saturn Bhukti, Raahu Antaram from Nov 5th to April 1st 2005, (ii) Budha Dasa, Saturn Bhukti, Raahu Antaram and Raahu Antarantaram from Nov 5 to Nov 27. Please note he was arrested in the star of Swati belongs to Raahu. Raahu is in 11th place, which indicates Labha (Profit). The Budha Dasa is 5th Dasa (Pratyak Taara), which is not very good because, Budha is the ruler of 5th and 8th Houses. Out of 17 years of Budha Dasa, 2nd half of Dasa will not be good, since he indicates 8th Bhava also. Kindly note Raahu, which is in 11th, which plays a vital role in his career (Antar Dasa)
Hence, we can say, based on the birth chart, (i) the position at the time of birth is very good, (ii) the present Dasa Bhukti is not very congenial or favourable to him.
Time of Sanyasa: Mahaswamjgal initiated and made him into Sanyasa on March 22, 1954 and was declared as successor Acharya and given the Sanyasa name Sri Jayendra Saraswati Sri Pada. The Chart at that time is as follows:
22nd March 1954
The Star was Swati (belongs to Raahu). Again Combination of Saturn and Moon in Thula Raasi. Saturn is exalted. Mars in Vruchika (own sign), again Raahu in the same place as in Natal Chart (in Dhanus). Venus (Sukra) is exalted in Meena who is yoga karaka for him. Again, for Thula Raasi, the Raja yoga karaka is Saturn, who is exalted. Guru in Rishabha always gives benefic results, because it is in Guru Valayam (Circuit). Needless to say, the person will be very popular with masses, when Saturn is good. Nevertheless, for him, it is very good, being Yoga Karaka and also exalted. Hence, he becomes very popular religious(!) leader. Usually it is very much with Political leader who usually be in touch with masses and to run his life with the help of masses. Here again Raahu being in 3rd place from Moon, becomes very auspicious and Star belongs to Raahu. Sani aspect Raahu by its 3rd aspect and is in Swati star itself which belongs to Raahu.
Day of Arrest and the Transit:
When he was arrested on 11th November 2004 (Diwali day) again the star is Swati (belongs to Raahu), and Raahu is in Mesha, which is very good. Venus is in 12th and Depleted along with Guru. Saturn in 10th from the Moon. Thula is with four planets (Sun, Moon, Mars and Ketu). Aspect of Sani to Guru & Venus by its 3rd aspect, and again to Raahu by its 10th aspect.
11th Nov 2004
Sun Moon Mars Ketu
Out of the above Planets, Budha, Sukra, Sani and Raahu are favourable but not others. Our focus here is more on Raahu, Guru and Sani. Though Sani is in favourable 6th, he becomes Vakra (Retrograde) w.e.f. 23rd November 2004 and Guru is in inimical position 8th. As per Natal Chart, Sani is in the lord of Lagna/Raasi and 12th house. Guru is Lord of 2nd and 11th. Further, Sani is in 6th from Natal Sani and Guru is in 12th from Natal Guru, which gives the mixed results.
The Transit (Kochara):
Guru in 8th from the Moon indicates, destruction of wealth, go out from house or country, loss of position, name & fame, loss of fame due to connection with inimical people, health problem, accident, spending on court cases, prison life, unbearable mana kashtam (emotional feeling) similar to death, unfavourable condition for all actions, anger from government, more restriction in the movement etc. Though Guru is in 8th he is in the star of Hastam (belongs to Moon) indicates parama Maitra Tara (which is neutral)
1. Sani in 6th indicates, gain of wealth, Satru Nasa (win over enemies) gain of position, name & fame, relief from illness & disease, and becomes Raja Yoga. The native will all positive results from enemies.
2. Raahu in 3rd indicates, all favourable results, like gain from all sources, Mano Dhairya (will power), new position etc.
3. Ketu in 9th indicates, loss of name & fame, becomes victim in other role, cheating by others, court cases again the native, but native will come out of these cases with great victory. The native will get Gyana (purest knowledge) and clarity emerges.
4. Sun is in the unfavourable position upto Nov 14, and becomes favourable throughout.
5. Mars (Kuja) is in unfavourable throughout.
6. Budha is favourable throughout.
7. Sukra (Venus) is favourable upto December 10th.
Vedai & Tara :
The positions of all plants in transit are also subject to Vedai. That means, the performance of Guru, Sani etc are determined by the position of other planets. We will put all the planets position from 10th November to 6th January 2005 and analyse.
When the Vedai is favourable, we will assign 2, adverse -2, and neutral, it may be 1. (Since Moon is very fast moving planets, to reduce the complication, we may treat neutral in all cases)
When Kochara (transit) is favourable, we will give weightage of 1, when adverse, then -1. When the Star Tara is favourable, we will assign the weightage of 1, adverse -1.
Hence, due to Vipareeta Vedai, Guru (though in 8th) will give very good result. By going through the news and media, though Sun is in favourable position at present, with no effect due to vedai upto Dec 14th, but becomes adverse due to Raahu in future. Since this arrest and other action were due to the influence of Raahu mainly, by afflicting Sun by his position in Vedai, he will relieve him after that. There is no other adverse effect, we could see the tablegiven.
Ashta Vargha :
The strength of the planets are determined by their Bindu contribution in the Natal Chart. Since Raahu and Ketu gives results similar to Sani and Mars, we will attribute same ashtavarga Bindu to them. We can attribute their strength in the Kochara (Transit) to predict accurately.
The attached statement shows, daily position based on the above parameters to analyse the relative and collective strength. The maximum benefits comes out from 15th December onwards, which are highlighted.
1. As per the natal chart, Ketu Dasa starts from Aug 11, 2005 for 7 years. Ketu receives the aspect of Guru also. By that time, Guru will transit to Thula and joins Janma Guru. Sani will be in Kataka (Cancer) with full strength because of Kendra position from Guru. His fame will reach a new height by then.
2. H.H has to do a lot to the common man, which is in store, in Ketu Dasa. Ketu is a Moksha Karaka, that too in 5th (Poorva punya stana). The present position of Seer is only to elevate him to the new height, which is very well understood even at the time of arrest.
3. The position of Saturn in Natal Chart, during Sanyasa and during arrest is very favourable and strong. This indicates, his nearness to the common man and masses. This makes him very popular and that too, with the help of foes. (since Saturn is in 6th from natal moon, which is for foes)
4. Raahu behaves like Sani. This arrest has happened during the Raahu antara and Sani Bhukti, which is from Nov 5th 2004 to April 1, 2005. Again Raahu will play main role in making him more popular and nearer to the people.
5. When we carefully look into the transit, all fast moving planets are moving towards 11th position from the natal moon from December 15th onwards. (especially Sun, Bhuda, Sukra and Mars) which indicates he will be very popular in good means to even unknown people by that time.
6. Since Transit of Guru is in inimical position, some sector of the people, may not accept his entering the prison, arrest etc, but will get their acceptance also, after the transit of Guru during September 2005.
7. H.H will come out from the prison before 15th/16th December (when Raahu affects Sun due to Vedai) and will get positive judgment from 14th January 2005 onwards. We cannot rule out, his entrance in political life thereafter, more vigourously from August 2005 onwards, because of Dasa Bhukti (Ketu) and position of Sani (6th from natal raasi) and transit of Guru to Thula Raasi (9th from natal raasi), which indicate luck through foes. No doubt, this will result in global fame, power and intimacy towards him.
8. We have to understand and learn lesson from Itihasa Purana and Veda that, sometime God, King, Raja Guru may have to go out of their place/ kingdom due to the influence of planets but later, they attain the name & fame, their position, power and very long life with peace of mind, which is going to happen and we will be the witnesses and spectators.
9. If at all, we want to contribute to H.H at this juncture, we may pray Goddess Durga Devi during Raahu Kala at any day, which will have direct impact to Raahu, and will help him in many ways. What else we (as an individual who belives in Sathya and Dharma), can do?