What is Suresha Paddhati ?
Suresha Paddhati is a form of Vedic Jugalbandhi. It is a method of reciting Samhita and other Vikrutis, like Ghana Patha from more than 1 Veda.
In this case Rig Veda and Krishna Yajur Veda are recited immediately and simultaneously, to highlight the difference in svara, pada, the place of its occurrences and the sandhi and grammar rules of the respective Vedas.
Similar to music Jugalbandhi, it also seems that there is a competition between the Vedas that are recited.
You can listen to the sample audio here.
Note – The concept of Suresha Paddhati is same in the Audio CD and the DVD, but the Vedic hymns that are recited are different. So there is no repetition of any mantras.
- The mantras recited in the CD are taken from Pancha Rudram. Both the Samhita Patha and Ghana Patha of the mantras in Rig Veda and the Krishna Yajur Veda are recited. The mantras are:
- Ganaanaantva vs Ganaanaantva
- Imaa Rudraaya vs Imaagum Rudraaya
- Mrulaano Rudrotano vs Mrudaano Rudrotano
- Maano Mahaanta vs Maano Mahaanta
- Maanastokae vs Maanastokae
- Aaraetaee Ghogna vs Aaraate Ghogna
- Stuhish Shrutham vs Stuhish Shrutham
- Pareeno Haethee vs Parino Rudrasya
- Tvamagne Rudro Asuro vs Tvamagne Rudro Asuro
- Aavo Raajaana vs Aavo Raajaana
- The Rig Veda portion is rendered by Brahmasri Govind Prakash Bhat Ghanapatigal and Sri. K Suresh.
- The Krishna Yajur Veda portion is rendered by Brahmasri B V Suryanarayana Bhat Ghanapatigal and Brahmasri Satyanarayana Bhat.
- Total Duration : 1.5 Hours (Approx)